Sunday Morning 4/25/2021
One Thing: “The Lord is good”
We Have A_________________
“The Lord is good” is made after God announces His judgment on the Assyrians.
Our nation, like the ancient Assyrians, has W_____________ far away from God:
- We have ignored God’s Word, we have adopted laws that clearly go against God’s law, and we have found countless ways to cut God out of our lives. As a result, America is a nation under judgment today.
Even amid J__________________, “The Lord is good”
- The word “G___________” means, “pleasant, agreeable, rich, valuable.” That word describes the very character of God.
- In fact, He is good to all people, in all places, in all situations, and always (Psalms 145:9; 34:8; 100:5; 135:3 all teach us the same truth “The Lord is good”
We Have A_____________________
Nahum reminds us that God is “a stronghold in the day of trouble.”
- “Stronghold” – A place of safety, protection, and refuge; a safe harbor in the storm
Sooner or later, we will all need a S_____________________:
- “T____________” refers to, distress – It speaks of those times when life closes in around us, and the pressures of life come against us (Psalms 27:5; Isaiah 43:2)
Verse 2 says “God is J_______________”: God is not afraid of losing us. It means God views us as a precious possession (1 Peter 2:9)
- God declares in verse 3 that He “has His way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of His feet.” God simply reminds us, He is in control
Learn this truth: Even when we cannot see the way, He is the way!
We Have F_____________________
- Nahum says, “He knows them that trust in Him.” “K___________” means, to know intimately, by experience. “T__________” means to flee for protection. This phrase is a reminder: God knows His people (John 15:13-15) “F_____________” means, “an associate”; God associates with us. (Hebrews 2:11-12) “B_________________” refers to, those of the same womb. Jesus is more than a Shepherd, more than a Friend, we are Family