Sunday Evening 4/25/2021
Ecclesiastes: “The fear of God”
Fear Of God D______________
We think that fear is an anticipation of danger. Is this the idea Solomon had in mind?
- Yare: To stand in awe of, to reverence, honor and respect
- When we are aware of God’s presence, we will react with A_____ and reverence
- What does this look like? Isaiah – 6:1-5; John – Revelation 1:10-17
- Does this describe the way you see God? Do you live in fear of the Lord?
Is there a way that we can tell? Yes, our A___________ prove our fear God!
Fear Of God D_________________
The fear of God is demonstrated in a life that “keeps the commandments of God.”
The B___________ tells us:
- What we do P___________ what we think of God: We will live no better than the level at which we honor and reverence God
Our life will tell the world what we T____________ of God: (Proverbs 3:7; 14:2, 27; 16:6; Deuteronomy 6:2)
- J____________ said it this way (John 14:15)
- Does this describe the way in which we live our life? Does our L____________ say, “I love the Lord?”
We know what the fear of God is and how it is demonstrated.
Why is it so I_________________?
Fear Of God D__________________
Fearing God and keeping His commandments is the “whole duty of man.”
Jesus conveys this same counsel: (Matthew 22:37-40)
- This is what Jesus is teaching. Does that sound reasonable to us?
F____________ God: The fear of God is that God will take His hand off us (Joshua 6)
- What the verses in Proverbs 14:2 and 16:6 is teaching us is that the fear of God will motivate us to live a clean life. It is not the fear of chastisement, it is the fear of being shelved. This was a fear Paul had (1 Corinthians 9:27)
- God wants us to live a life that He can use and bless.
Time to be H______________: (Proverbs 19:23; 3:7-8)
What M________________ us to live our life the way we do?
Can we say that everything we do, we do because we fear God?